Four members of the Pacific Medical Law Team attended the 35th Annual Obstetrics, Gynecology, Perinatal Medicine, Neonatology and the Law Conference organized by Dr. Aubrey Milunsky and Dr. Jeff Milunsky in January of this year.
The conference was attended by a diverse group of legal and health care specialists. The event featured exceptional presentations by renowned experts in their fields. Presentation topics included:
- How can maternal injury during childbirth be prevented?
- When is a home birth safe?
- Does cooling newborns following a traumatic birth work?
- What causes stroke in a newborn?
- What can genetics testing tell us about a child’s disability?
- What can Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) tell us about when and how a brain injury occurred in a newborn?
- How long should the second stage (the “pushing” stage) of labour go? and
- How can medical professionals help promote a culture of patient safety?
The goals of the conference are to teach medical professionals to better understand how to avoid medical negligence and to teach legal professionals about the complex issues encountered in the practice of medicine.
At Pacific Medical Law we are committed to maintaining our knowledge in a range of medical specialties, including obstetrics, gynecology, and neonatology. We believe that understanding the most up-to-date medicine can help us obtain the best results for our clients in medical malpractice lawsuits.