|Location:||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
Andrea Donaldson’s practice is focused on advocating for individuals and families who have suffered severe injuries as a result of medical negligence. Andrea has worked with Pacific Medical Law since 2015, first as an articling student and then as a lawyer following her call to the bar in 2016. Born and raised in British Columbia, Andrea obtained her Bachelor of Arts degree in 2010 and her Juris Doctor in 2014, both from the University of British Columbia.
Andrea is a member of the Law Society of BC and serves on the Board of Governors of the Trial Lawyers Association of BC. She regularly attends and has spoken at medical-legal conferences in order to maintain up-to-date knowledge of advancements in medicine, litigation strategies, and standards of care in the medical field, and has written articles on issues arising in medical malpractice and civil litigation.
Outside of her professional work, Andrea enjoys keeping active through Crossfit and outdoor sports, and volunteers with Vancouver Adaptive Snow Sports, teaching adults and children with disabilities how to ski.
- British Columbia, 2016
- Juris Doctor, University of British Columbia, 2014
- Bachelor of Arts, University of British Columbia, 2010
- Speaker, “Promoting Collaboration as a Formula for Success”, Greater Vancouver Legal Nurse Consultant Association, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia, Board of Governors
- Defenses to a Medical Malpractice Claim – Navigating the Minefield. The Verdict, Fall 2020.
- The Doctor-Patient Relationship and the Duty of Care: How wide should the net be cast? The Verdict, Winter 2019.
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty Claims Against Physicians by Andrea Donaldson for the Verdict, Issue 162, Fall 2019
- The Role of Genetics in Birth Injury Claims by Andrea Donaldson and Paul McGivern for the Verdict, Issue 158, Fall 2018
- Mental Injuries – The Mustapha Framework by Andrea Donaldson for BarTalk, February 2018
- Adverse Inference – Failure to call a Physician by Andrea Donaldson and Susanne Raab for the Verdict, Issue 154, Fall 2017
- Summary Trials in Medical Malpractice Actions by Andrea Donaldson & Lindsay McGivern for the Verdict, Issue 147, Winter 2016