|Location:||Vancouver , British Columbia, Canada|
Letty grew up in the South of England and qualified as a doctor in 2009 after studying medicine at The University of Sheffield. She worked in various medical and surgical roles and qualified as a GP in 2016. During this time, she developed an interest in medical ethics and law and took time away to obtain a postgraduate law degree from the University of Law in Surrey, England, in 2013.
Letty’s role involves supporting the lawyers at Pacific Medical Law in investigating concerns over medical malpractice through her broad clinical experience and legal training.
- Graduate Diploma of Law with Distinction, University of Law, Surrey, England, 2013
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery with Distinction, University of Sheffield, England, 2009
Honors and Awards
- John Lasserson Award for highest regional score in Royal College of General Practitioners exams, 2016
- Created and delivered a ward-based teaching curriculum to medical students in 2010-2011 at Doncaster Royal Infirmary, Doncaster, England
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Royal College of General Practitioners, member, 2016
- Past assistant editor for “Trusted Medicine”, online medical resource website for patients and the public
- Poster presentations at regional, national and international medical meetings
- Author, Corporal punishment chapter in book for healthcare professionals, Integritas Healthcare, publication pending